Top Tips For Working Out Who Has The Cheapest Auto Insurance
So Who Has The Cheapest Auto Insurance?
Cheap car insurance. We all want it. Well actually, we probably all want free car insurance if we’re being honest. But failing that, cheap will do I guess.
So I’ve compiled a list of top tips to help you get the quote you want.
1. Shop around
Don’t just go for the first person that gives you a quote. Talk to other companies and see if they can beat it. Car insurance is a competitive business, and companies battle it out to become the one who has the cheapest auto insurance around. So there’s a good chance that the first quote you got wasn’t the best you can get. I recommend checking out: http://www.whohasthecheapestautoinsurance.com
2. Read the small print
I know no one actually reads all of the ‘terms and conditions’ before they sign their life away. It’s far too many words. But you should at least make sure you’re paying for what you need. And not overpaying for things you don’t. And that you know in advance what your insurance will and won’t cover you for.
3. Stray away from the ads
The company that advertises themselves as the bearer of the cheapest auto insurance may well give you a great quote. But then again that tiny insurance company from the small town you live in might give you a better one. Just because they’re not splashing the cash to advertise themselves as ‘the cheapest’ doesn’t mean they aren’t.
4. Keep your details up to date
You probably know that the amount you end up having to pay put for auto insurance depends on a huge variety of factors. So whenever your life changes, keep your insurance company in the loop. Getting married, moving house, getting a new job? There’s a huge list of factors that might leave you eligible for a new discount.
Strange Car Insurance Claims + Who do you think has the cheapest auto insurance?
So, I was casually performing a Google search for ‘very cheap car insurance no deposit’. Because, you know, I’m a responsible adult human who doesn’t like to spend excessive amounts of money on car insurance or pay for deposits.
Anyway, while trying to adult properly, I got distracted. Because what I found was a lot of stories about weird car insurance claims. Turns out, some people are less selective about making insurance claims than I am. And also unusually not embarrassed by their behaviour.
Here are some of the strangest ones I came across
- One woman ploughed into the car in front because. Wait for it. She was helping a magpie find his friend.
- A claim was made to one insurance company for a broken window. How did it break? From the driver’s own mouth ‘I thought my window was down. I found it was up when I put my head through it’.
- If ever there was a car insurance claim that the rest of the world would immediately know came from the US it’s this one. Coming from the man who accidentally shot his own car with a shotgun while taking it on a leisurely drive.
- Once, in France, a couple actually filed a claim for the paint job on their car after a herd of cows had licked it off.
- As if women drivers didn’t get a bad enough rep. One woman filed a claim after accidentally filling her petrol tank up…with shampoo.
- A great one from this guy, who apparently didn’t feel the need to lie to his insurers. ‘I was going at about 70 or 80mph when my girlfriend reached over and grabbed my testicles so I lost control’
- Finally, you know when you take a trip to the garden centre. Are driving around all slowly and carefully. And yet you still manage to dent your car. All because a camel popped up from nowhere and kicked it.
That last one makes me question whether I even know what a garden centre is. Also I went completely of track and wasn’t able to find any good insurance, although I did find an an interesting article on who has the cheapest auto insurance, which I’ll share with you: http://www.autoinsurancemonkey.com/who-has-the-cheapest-auto-insurance/